Contemporary Mask Performance Workshop 20-26 July, Paris
Summer workshop directed by Carlos García Estévez
This workshop is open for actors, dancers and performers exploring the physical and acting skills of Mask Performance. The participants will be expose to a deep study of the mask dimension of contemporary theatre.
The workshop approaches the basic elements involved in Mask Performance such as:
- Spirit of play and celebration
- Human archetypes, caught in situations that range from tragic to comic,
- The architecture of Gestures,
- Structure at the service of metamorphosis,
- Movement Technique,
- Musicality, Timing, Space,
- Interaction and Direct contact with the audience,
- Everyday stories through human passions.
Dates: 20 to 26 July 2015
Price: 970€ (plus tax)
(Food and Accommodation are included)
25% discount to theatre students
Only 16 participants will be able to attend the workshop.
The nature of the workshop is international and it would be taught in English. Work sessions can be translated in French, Italian and Spanish.
The workshop will take place in Montagny en Vexin, a small village in the countryside of Paris (just 50 min by train)
To apply send email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: CV, photo and motivation letter.